(ynet)Iran’s government will “track down” those responsible for making an amateurish film clip mocking the Prophet Mohammad, a senior official said, Iranianmedia reported on Monday.
The video made in California and posted on YouTube portrayed the Prophet Mohammad as a womanizer and a fool. It has ignited a week of violent protests across the Muslim world.
Iran’s vice president says Teheran will ‘search for, track down and pursue guilty person who has insulted 1.5 billion Muslims in the world’; officials demand apology from US over movie
“The government of the Islamic Republic of Iran condemns … this inappropriate and offensive action,” First Vice-President Mohammad Reza Rahimi said, according to the Mehr news agency.
“Certainly it will search for, track, and pursue this guilty person who … has insulted 1.5 billion Muslims in the world,” he said.
The Islamic Republic’s founder, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, condemned to death the Indian-born British novelist Salman Rushdie in 1989 for his novel “The Satanic Verses,” saying its depiction of the Prophet Mohammad was blasphemous.
Iranian officials have demanded that the United States apologize to Muslims for the movie, saying it is only the latest in a series of Western insults aimed at Islam’s holy figures.
Rahimi did not give details on how Iran would pursue the makers of the film in his remarks, which the Iranian Students’ News Agency said he had made at a cabinet meeting on Sunday.
The US ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, and three other Americans were killed in Benghazi, Libya, last Tuesday and several other people have died in protests around the Muslim world against the video entitled “Innocence of Muslims.”
The identity of those directly responsible for the film is still murky. Clips of the film posted online since July have been attributed to a man named Sam Bacile, which two people linked to the film have said was probably an alias.
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, a Coptic Christian widely linked to the film in media reports, was voluntarily questioned on Saturday by US authorities investigating possible violations of his probation for a bank fraud conviction.
An Iranian religious foundation said on Saturday it was increasing its reward for the killing of Rushdie, though he had nothing to do with the film, offering a total of $3.3 million for anyone who carried out Khomeini’s death sentence.
(Reuters) – Google Inc rejected a request by the White House on Friday to reconsider its decision to keep online a controversial YouTube movie clip that has ignited anti-American protests in the Middle East.
The Internet company said it was censoring the video in India andIndonesia after blocking it on Wednesday in Egypt and Libya, where U.S. embassies have been stormed by protestors enraged over depiction of the Prophet Mohammad as a fraud and philanderer.On Tuesday, the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in a fiery siege on the embassy in Benghazi.Google said was further restricting the clip to comply with local law rather than as a response to political pressure.“We’ve restricted access to it in countries where it is illegal such as India and Indonesia, as well as in Libya and Egypt, given the very sensitive situations in these two countries,” the company said. “This approach is entirely consistent with principles we first laid out in 2007.”
The LA Times reports:
Administration officials have asked YouTube to review a controversial video that many blame for spurring a wave of anti-American violence in the Middle East.
The administration flagged the 14-minute “Innocence of Muslims” video and asked that YouTube evaluate it to determine whether it violates the site’s terms of service, officials said Thursday. The video, which has been viewed by nearly 1.7 million users, depicts Muhammad as a child molester, womanizer and murderer — and has been decried as blasphemous and Islamophobic.
According to the story, YouTube reviewed the video earlier this week and concluded that it was “clearly within” the website’s guidelines.
UPDATE: Jesse Walker comments at Hit & Run.
(Why does Youtube keep on deleting the proof that Khader Adnan is a terrorist?)(Who is Khader Adnan? Skilled Propagandist Stages 2nd Hunger Strike | Israel Defense Forces) Khader Adnan is a ranking 6-year plus member of the internationally recognized terrorist organization, Islamic Jihad, which has encouraged and overseen the murder of Israelis. Adnan, a seasoned propagandist, is now trying for the second time to use a hunger strike as a means of garnering international sympathy.
Adnan’s hunger ‘plight’ is well-documented in mainstream media, but the hundreds of news articles provide little information into his past- the reasons for his incarceration are unimportant to those who oppose Israel. The fact that Adnan has a long list of crimes is a minor detail that need only be glossed over; besides the half-dozen times he has been detained by Israeli authorities for terror-related offenses, Adnan has also been arrested by the Palestinian Authority (as reported by Ma’an news agency and the BBC on September 30, 2010).
He has taken the initiative in calling for terror attacks against Israel. On June 8, 2005, the Boston Globe identified Adnan as an “Islamic Jihad spokesman,” and quoted him repudiating any sort of cease fire with Israel, and urging all Palestinian terror groups to resume fighting with Israel.
On the left is a video where CNN tries to sell the public that Khader Adnan is denied due process and that he supposedly is being held without evidence that he is a threat to the public. Notice how unfriendly the woman is to Regev who is quite professional. On the right is a video of Khader Adnan that Youtube keeps on censoring.