Austria withdraws from Durban III

August 31, 2011

I have to admit that I am surprised by this one,
says Carl




…how do you think Hitler feels?

…Austria has decided to withdraw from the Durban III conference. Austrian foreign ministry spokesman Alexander Schallenberg told the Post that “we have no intention of participating in Durban III in September.” Austria has now joined the anti-Durban group of countries, including Italy, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Australia, the United States, Canada, and Israel. Schallenberg said that Austria has” doubts about the content and direction of the conference” and that is the reason for Austria’s decision to skip the event. Austria participated in Durban I in 2001 and the 2009 Durban II conference in Geneva, Switzerland. Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger , from the Austrian People’s Party (ÖVP), has now, with his decision to boycott Durban III, placed Austria as the first German-speaking country into the anti-Durban camp. The Swiss Jewish community would like Switzerland to be next. Read the whole thing.


Tariq Ramadan Proves Switzerland is NOT Neutral

May 15, 2011

NOR WERE the Swiss EVER Neutral! Not during the Holocaust… not NOW!

Tariq Tricks: Favorite Islamist Spin

Christiane Amanpour could not get
Tariq Ramadan to condemn stoning of women
for whatever reason

In response to a question about how “the weaker” such as “Palestinians, Muslims and blacks” should resist “oppression,” Ramadan recounted how, as he put it, “when Israel was killing innocent people in Gaza,” Switzerland chose to break its neutrality and take the side of the Palestinians; not to do so would have been to implicitly support the “oppressor.” The implication was that if even neutral Switzerland decided to support the Palestinians, everyone should. He did not bring up Hamas’s use of human shields or its deliberate choice to store weapons in hospitals and near U.N. buildings, nor did he mention Richard Goldstone’s recent recantation on the entire official narrative of the Gaza War.


Switzerland to pay compensation to Qaddafi son

March 17, 2010

A Swiss regional government is ready to pay compensation to a son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in a step to ease diplomatic tensions with Libya, Swiss television reported today.

A Geneva canton spokesman and Charles Poncet, a lawyer for Hannibal Gaddafi, both declined to comment on the report ahead of a weekly regional government meeting later today.

In a March 16 court filing shown by Swiss public television channel SFTV late yesterday, the Geneva government accepted responsibility for the leak of police mugshots of Hannibal Gaddafi taken when he was briefly arrested in July 2008.

Hannibal Gaddafi and his wife were suspected of mistreating two of their domestic staff and were held for two days. This sparked Libyan sanctions and the arrest of Swiss businessmen in Tripoli.

Diplomats said the publication of the photographs of a dishevelled looking Hannibal Kadhafi in a local newspaper last September added to the Gaddafi family’s anger.

Geneva’ State Council asked a local court to conclude that “the state of Geneva accepts its responsibility on the basis that the photographs of Mr Hannibal Gaddafi should never have reached the Tribune de Geneve” newspaper.

It also asked the court, which is expect to consider the filing tomorrow, “to allocate… an equitable indemnity” to the plaintiff.

Geneva called on the court to determine the newspaper’s role and share of the unspecified damages, according to the document.

However, the Geneva government has steadfastly refused to apologise for the arrest of Gaddafi and his wife, standing by the decisions of its local police force and the judiciary.

Last August, Swiss President Hans-Rudolf Merz’s apology to Libya for an “unjust arrest” sparked a bitter domestic political row and ultimately failed to resolve the standoff, which escalated instead.

One of two detained Swiss businessmen was released last month but the other, ABB employee Max Goeldi, is currently serving a four-month jail term in Libya on visa offences after being caught up in the row.

The two countries are also locked in an impasse over visas. Libya last month blocked visas issued to travellers from the Schengen area after Switzerland drew up a blacklist of 80 Libyan officials which is binding on all the countries in the Schengen area.


Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland – Telegraph

March 4, 2010

Swedish little boy condoms? Perhaps if these juveniles had a bigger penis then they would get some balls and support Israel. Maybe this would quiet Muammar al-Gaddafi’s issues and end the Jihad against the Swiss? Only in Europe indeed. Do they have doggie and kitty condoms too? 

Called the Hotshot, the condom has been produced after government research showed 12 to14-year-olds did not use sufficient protection when having sex.

The study, conducted on behalf of the Federal Commission for Children and Youth, interviewed 1,480 people aged 10 to 20.

It showed more 12 to 14-year-olds were having sex, in comparison with the 1990s.

The Hotshot condoms, which cost 7fr60 (£4.70) for a packet of six, have been created by Lamprecht AG, a leading condom manufacturer in Switzerland.

The company has said the UK would be “top priority” if they expanded abroad, considering that it has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.
Nysse Norballe, a spokesman for the company, said: “At the moment we are only producing the Hotshot in Switzerland. But the UK is certainly a very attractive market since there is a very high rate of underage conception. The UK would definitely be top priority if we marketed abroad.”

A standard condom has a diameter of 2ins (5.2cm) in comparison with the Hotshot’s diameter of 1.7ins (4.5cm). Both are the same length – 7.4ins (19cm).

According to a German study of 12,970 13 to 20-year-olds, a quarter said a standard condom was too large.

Family planning groups and the Swiss Aids Federation campaigned to have the Hotshot produced after a number of studies, including the government study researched at the Centre for Development and Personality Psychology at Basel University.

Nancy Bodmer, who headed the research, said: “The result that shocked us concerned young boys who display apparently risky behaviour. They have more of a tendency not to protect themselves. They do not have a very developed sexual knowledge. They do not understand the consequences of what they are doing and leave the young girls to take care of the consequences.

“The results of this study suggest that early prevention makes sense.”

The age of consent in Switzerland is 16, although if the age difference is not more than three years there will be no punishment. Other concessions exist if the older person is not more than 20 or believed the younger person to be at least 16.

The Swiss initiative comes as the UK government announces an overhaul of its teenage pregnancy strategy after new figures showed conception rate among 18s were not falling fast enough.

The UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.

In 1999, the government pledged to halve the teenage conception rate within 10 years.

But data released last week from The Office for National Statistics shows it has clearly failed to make any significant impact.