Sbarro terrorist gets TV show

March 2, 2012

Media_httpwwwynetnews_xdede(.ynet) Ahlam Tamimi, the Hamas terrorist who drove a suicide bomber to the Sbarro restaurant in Jerusalem where 15 people were consequently killed, has gotten her own television show, Ynet has learned.
 
Tamimi, who was sentenced to 16 life terms in Israeli prison, was freed in October as part of the swap that bought IDF soldier Gilad Shalit’s freedom. She was deported to Jordan, where she appears to have launched a television career.
The Hamas-affiliated Al-Quds satellite channel has slotted Tamimi to present a weekly show called “Nassim al-Ahrar,” which deals with Palestinian convicts imprisoned in Israel, and those who have been freed. The channel has been aggressively promoting the show.
In an interview published shortly after her release, Tamimi said she does not regret her involvement in the attack, which took place in 2001.
 
‘Abductions will free prisoners’
During the show’s early episodes, Tamimi focused on the first phase of the Shalit deal, which freed 450 Palestinian prisoners. Tamimi interviews her subjects in her studio, over the phone and through satellite broadcasts.
Ahlam Tamimi on screen
 
The show’s first episode featured several prisoners freed in the deal, who expressed hope that the show would raise awareness across the Arab and Muslim wold for the plight of the Palestinian inmates.
In another episode, Tamimi interviewed Salah Arouri, a Hamas official who was involved in the negotiations over the Shalit deal. Arouri showed what he said was the original contract for the swap. He also claimed that Israel doesn’t understand any language other than resistance.
“The only way to free our prisoners from jail is through resistance, abductions and prisoner swaps,” he said, calling on the Palestinian factions to kidnap Israeli soldiers and officers.


Israel’s Total Failure: Schijveschuurder Family Plans to Leave Israel

October 28, 2011
(h/t Doc’sTalk) (Jameel @ The Muqata)A Palestinian Suicide Bomber entered the Sbarro Pizza restaurant at Jerusalem’s busiest intersection (the corner of King George Street and Jaffa Road) and detonated a bomb containing 5-10 kilo of explosives, nails, nuts and bolts — 15 civilians were killed and 130 wounded.

Among those killed were the parents of the Schijveschuurder family from the Neria community: Mordechai (43), his wife Tzira (41) and 3 of their children; Ra’aya (14), Avraham Yitzhak, (4), and Hemda aged 2.

Channel 10 TV aired the regular “Makor” program in which the remaining members of the family were interviewed last week. (Only a promo is available now)
The TV program documented ten years of failure by all of Israel’s systems, to adequately care of the orphaned children – social services, Bituach Leumi (Social security) and the educational system. They fell into a non-existent category and no-one seems to have had the presence of mind to work around that.
The program began with a little biographical detail about the family – olim from Holland. It then moved on to the actual terror attack itself. The three older boys, Ben Tzion (who now lives abroad), Meir and Shvuel were not present. Ben Tzion and Meir were both in the army and Shvuel (who was 16.5 at the time) was on his way back from the Klezmer festival in Tzfat.
The program documented their search for the members of their family in various hospitals, without any outside help from any State service. As Meir did not have any ID proving his connection to one of his sisters, he was not allowed to see her as she lay dying in the operating room, yet minutes later was asked to identify her body.
Meir, an 18/19 year old, ended up organizing the funerals all by himself. The Jerusalem Hevra Kadisha (Burial Society) even had the gall to demand money from him (20,000 shekels – later returned) for two additional burial plots, stating that he could only have three (he had to bury 5 members of his family).
He and his older brother took care of the younger surviving children (the youngest was 8) in the family home with no outside help. At some point the social services tried to take the two younger girls into care, but they objected. Afterwards the girls were sent to live with a distant relative in Switzerland for about a year, but were very unhappy there and came back to Israel. Later they were sent to live with another distant relative in Israel, but that didn’t last long either and Meir and his wife took them in, whilst also raising their own young family.
Shvuel seems to have ‘fallen between the chairs’ perhaps most of all. He is obviously in need of psychological help, and clearly knows that himself, but his attempts to get that help from Bituach Leumi have been rejected.
The program ended with a ‘right of reply’ statement from Bituach Leumi which the presenters said they had fact checked and found to be lacking on certain points.
Apparently there is a serious problem with people who, as children, lost both parents in terror attacks. (A lady orphaned by the Ma’ale Akrabim masscare briefly mentioned similar problems, and the issue was raised regarding the Fogel family).
The system does not cater for them properly and seems to work on the premise that they will be taken care of by the extended family, but in this case there was not much extended family to help. There is an attempt ongoing to try to change the law, but it is clear that this family has already sustained far too much damage because of the system’s shortcomings.
And then…comes the final blow.
The terrorists who planned the attack, go free. Translated from Channel 2.
After they realized their lost battle, the Schijveschuurder family went to the graves of their loved ones – to tell them that those responsible for their murder, are now free.
“We have every intention and desire to take what you see here, break the headstones, remove the remains buried here and take them outside the country who betrayed them,” says Meir Schijveschuurder — his parents and three siblings were killed in the attack at the Sbarro restaurant. “Because the State of Israel betrayed everyone who lies here and there are several hundred of them, only in this area [of the cemetery].”
The Schijveschuurder family, originally from Holland, is one of the families that has paid the heaviest price in the history of terrorism against the State of Israel. Two parents and three of their children were killed in the attack at the Sbarro restaurant, and two other children were seriously injured. When Meir Schijveschuurder learned this week that those who planned the attack, drove the terrorist to Sbarro, and were now released from prison, the son desecrated the monument in memory of Yitzhak Rabin in Tel Aviv in protest. He was arrested and released.
The children tried to appeal their arguments to the Supreme Court, but were also rejected. The brothers say the High Court’s ruling was predetermined before hearing any of their claims. “We will not allow terrorists to leave the country! And if they leave the boundaries of the country, the residents of the United States and United Kingdom should know that Israel betrays its population,” said Shvuel angrily.
“I lost faith in everything that I felt”
Regaining his composure, Shvuel promised he would avenge the death of his family.
“Unfortunately the State of Israel has a bankrupt legal and ethical system, and they have abandoned the issue of upholding justice for the killers and murderers of my parents — to me. A victim of a crime has the right to go to make a “price tag” for those who committed the crime and punish him, [when the system doesn’t do anything]” says Shvuel.
Former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon promised the brothers that the murderers would rot in jail until the end of their days, but that promise was broken today. “I feel like I was exploding all over again. I feel that what we built over the past 10 years and everything we’ve been able to constructively do with our bereavement — I feel that everything we did in those 10 years, rebuilding our lives, is just in vain. Now I lost faith in anything, everything I felt,” says Leah Schijveschuurder, the youngest sister, sadly.
The family is very hurt by the atmosphere of joy and jubilation that enveloped the nation in recent days. It would be better that the Shalit family celebrate quietly in their house — this festival going on is so difficult for us.
As of the writing of this blog post, the orphans of the Schijveschuurder family have announced they are leaving Israel to Holland within 2 months — during the Makor program, one point one of the daughters cut her Teudat Zehut, her ID card into pieces telling one of the children that she did not need it anymore.
The Schijveschuurder family has been betrayed by Israel; the Palestinian terrorists have won this battle. They physically slaughtered a family, their terrorists were released from prison, they gleefully watched the State ignore the remaining orphans…and cheer as the broken spirits plan to leave forever.
Postscript: Days before the terrorist release, the JPost reported:
On the eve of Tuesday’s swap for kidnapped soldier Gilad Schalit, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu reached out to the families of terror victims, many of whom will watch in horror as the murderers of their loved ones are set free.
“I write to you with a heavy heart,” Netanyahu said in an open letter to the families of terror victims. “I understand and know your pain.”
Writing that he lost his brother in an operation to free hostages, Netanyahu said, “I know that you have a heavy heart, that your wounds have been opened anew these past days; that your thoughts are not at ease.”
Netanyahu said the families “were in my thoughts” during the painful decision-making process and negotiations for Schalit’s return.”
“The decision regarding the release of Gilad Schalit was among the most difficult I have made,” he wrote. “It is difficult for me for the same reasons it is difficult for you.”
Meir Schijveschuurder said that to the best of his knowledge, only 200 letters were send out to families of terror victims, explaining the Shalit deal.
The Schijveschuurder orphans did not receive any letter.
Nor were they contacted by any government official during the period before and after the Shalit deal.


Listen Up Hamas: Israel is rethinking the Shalit deal

October 19, 2011

…the Amal Militia in Lebanon kidnapped two Soviet diplomats. But the Russians do not think like Westerners. The very next day, the Russians kidnapped two Amal commanders, and sent a box to Amal headquarters in Beirut with two index fingers and two ears, and a message saying the Amal militia would receive two new body parts every day until they ran out of body parts, and then they would kidnap two new Amal commanders and start over again. The two Russian diplomats were released the very next day.


Do not free my daughter’s murderer

October 16, 2011
Malki was a talented classical flautist
This went up just a few minutes ago on the Haaretz site…

Mother of Israeli suicide bombing victim: Do not free my daughter’s murderer

Frimet Roth’s 15-year-old daughter was killed in the attack on Jerusalem’s Sbarro pizza restaurant in 2001; Ahlam Tamimi was sentenced to 16 life terms following the attack, and is set for release as part of the Shalit deal.

I am writing these words moments after belatedly watching a recorded video that went to air on Israel’s Channel 2 News on Friday night. It shows the Hamas terrorist, Ahlam Tamimi, being asked: “Do you feel sorry for what you did?”

She answers her interviewer without a trace of hesitation:. “No. Why should I feel sorry?”

The interviewer persists: “Would you do it again if you had the chance?” Her unwavering response: “Yes.”

Tamimi was reaffirming the declaration she made originally in 2006: “I do not regret what I did”, is the way she put it then.

One summer vacation day in August, 2001, Tamimi murdered my fifteen year old, daughter along with 14 other innocent men, women and children who were having lunch at the Jerusalem Sbarro pizza restaurant.

I wonder whether PM Netanyahu has heard Tamimi’s statements. Could he possibly have agreed to free an unrepentant, cold-blooded murderer, sentenced to 16 life terms after she publicly committed to murder again?

Perhaps he simply hasn’t seen the interview. Or perhaps the Prime Minister did see it and wasn’t moved.

After all, several months ago my husband and I sent him a letter detailing the crimes of which Tamimi was convicted and pleading with him to refuse to release her. In that letter, we reminded him that she is generally described mistakenly as the “driver” or “helper”. We noted that she was actually the planner and engineer of the attack. She personally transported the 10 kg bomb concealed in a guitar case in a taxi from Ramallah to Jerusalem, met up with Al Masri, the suicide bomber, and handed him the case. The two then walked together, disguised as tourists, to the center of the city. They stopped at the target Tamimi had selected. She instructed Al Masri to wait fifteen minutes before detonating the explosives. She wanted him to give her enough time to escape the scene safely, she explained later.

Prime Minister Netanyahu never responded to our written plea. He did not attempt to explain to us why he decided to include Tamimi in this horrific deal despite her uniquely demonic credentials: a mass murderer who has served nine years and has publicly proclaimed her lack of remorse and intention to murder again.

Now the day nears when we fear Tamimi will board the bus to a free life in Jordan, when her own prediction of 2006 – “I will be free again” – is realized.

We feel desperate. We beg Mr Netanyahu to grant us a few minutes of his time and hear us out.

In any sane country with a fair judicial system, even paroled murderers are not released without granting the victims’ loved ones a chance to address the parole board. I thought Israel is such a state. I pray that I was not wrong.

Frimet Roth – Jerusalem

Click here to read Haaretz’s interview with the Roth family, immediately following Malka Chana’s death in 2001.

A reminder to our visitors and readers that we created a petition in the past 24 hours calling for the deletion of Tamimi’s name from the list of terrorists to be released from Israeli prisons. We need your support. Please go the petition site and sign – and please encourage your friends to do the same.

Sbarro Female Terrorist Among Those Freed for Shalit

October 12, 2011

27 female prisoners included in the Gilad Shalit deal, including the woman who drove the suicide bomber to the Sbarro restaurant in 2001.
By Elad Benari
First Publish: 10/12/2011

Among the terrorists who are to be released as part of the deal to free Gilad Shalit are 27 female terrorists.
One of them is Ahlam Tamimi, the first woman to join Hamas and the person who drove the suicide bomber who carried out the attack at the Sbarro restaurant in Jerusalem in August of 2001.
16 people were killed in that attack, including five members of the Schijveschuurder family from the community of Neria in Binyamin.
Tamimi has previously declared, “Despite the fact that I’m sentenced to 16 life sentences I know that we will become free from Israeli occupation and then I will also be free from prison.” Also included in the deal to release Shalit is Amna Muna, who in January of 2001 lured 16-year-old Ophir Rachum to Ramallah, where he was shot to death by terrorists.
Rachum met Muna, then 24 years old, on the internet. After gaining his confidence, Muna persuaded Rachum to come to Jerusalem to meet her.
When Rachum arrived at the Jerusalem Central Bus Station, Muna drove him to the outskirts of Ramallah, where they were greeted by her two partners, both terrorists belonging to the Fatah organization. The two tried to get Rachum out of the car and when he refused, one of them shot him to death.
After the murder, Palestinian Authority Arabs took Rachum’s body to Ramallah, where they buried it.
In total, Israel will release 280 terrorists with blood on their hands in exchange for Shalit. These do not include arch-terrorists such as Marwan Barghouti; Abdullah Barghouti, serving 67 life sentences; Hassan Salameh, serving 38 life sentences; and Jamal Abu Al-Hijja, serving nine life sentences, all of whom are imprisoned for planning suicide bombings. Also reportedly not included in the deal is the killer of Israeli minister Rechavam Ze’evi, Ahmed Saadat.
On Tuesday night, the Israeli cabinet voted to approve the deal. 26 ministers supported the deal with only three – Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, Infrastructures Minister Uzi Landau, and Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya’alon – voting against the deal.


PA TV honors man who drove suicide terrorist to Gilo bombing

March 18, 2011

Host says, “He is “heroic”….
Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik

One day before the terror attack in the town of Itamar in which five members of an Israeli family were murdered in their home, PA TV broadcast a program honoring Ahlam Tamimi, the woman accomplice who drove the suicide terrorist to the Sbarro pizza restaurant in August, 2001. 15 people were murdered in the attack, 7 of them children.

One week before the terror attack in Itamar, PA TV honored another accomplice to a suicide attack. Fahami Mashahara drove a suicide bomber to Gilo in Jerusalem in 2001 who killed 19 and injured more than hundred. His daughter was invited to perform a song on PA TV.


Palestinian Media Watch
has documented the ongoing Palestinian Authority policy of glorifying terrorists as role models.
Visiting Tamimi’s home, the PA TV crew interviewed her relatives, who expressed their longing for her and their hope for her release.
The PA TV camera focused on a certificate awarded by Fatah to the terrorist accomplice, calling her “the heroic prisoner.”
The award is decorated with photographs of Yasser Arafat and Abu Jihad, the Fatah logo, and a photograph of Tamimi herself. The text reads:
“A gift of the Fatah Palestinian National Liberation Movement
Ramallah – El-Bireh branch
To the heroic prisoner Ahlam Tamimi
As a token of esteem for your sacrifices
And your acts of heroism.”
[PA TV (Fatah), March 10, 2011]
Tamimi, who is serving 16 life sentences, has never expressed remorse for her role in the terror attack.
A week before the attack, interviewing the daughter of Mashahar who was invited to perform a song on PA TV, the TV host referred to her father as “heroic,” and passed on to him “greetings of honor and admiration”:
Click to view
Daughter of driver of suicide bomber:
“Father, how long will you remain [in prison]? Until Palestine is liberated–but the Arabs are sleeping! Father, shall I wait patiently until Israel disappears–but the Arabs are deluded? Enough of the oppression! Give me back my father! How long shall I remain without my father?”
PA TV host to suicide bomber’s driver’s daughter:
“Greetings of honor and admiration to your heroic father in prison, Fahami Mashahara (driver of suicide bomber), serving 20 life sentences in the occupation’s prison. Thank you very much.”
[PA TV (Fatah), March 4, 2011]
PA TV is under the control of the office of PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas.